Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 3 Antworten
und wurde 850 mal aufgerufen
 Questions about the program
charlie Offline

19.05.2012 05:20
Smaller english.dic ? Zitat · Antworten

I have been searching for a PC scrabble game for my grandfather. In our experience scrabble games include words that are not found in a collins english dictionary.

While Scrabble3d seems superior to all the retail versions of scrabble we have tried so far, the game dictionary includes many words that one would not find in a regular English dictionary. Is there a smaller, British English dictionary available for the game?

Any help/recommendations would be greatly appreciated - my Grandfather has nobody to play with usually and the vast quantity of entries makes beating the Scrabble3D computer impossible!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

19.05.2012 11:12
#2 RE: Smaller english.dic ? Zitat · Antworten

The dictionary contains the official SOWPODS and TWL word list (british and american Scrabble lists; a discussion can be found here). Both are merged together, but the addional british English can be excluded per category setting. Of course it would be nice to have an explanation for rarely used words like in the German dictionary but that would be much work.

Back to your question: you can use any word list (ASCII text) with only minor configuration. The wiki article about creating a dictionary is a little bit outdated and unfortunately not translated (only available in French and German) but I would expedite that task if you are interested. Or, why don't you write the wiki article?

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

charlie Offline

19.05.2012 17:53
#3 RE: Smaller english.dic ? Zitat · Antworten

Neither my grandfather or I care to take the time to refine the dictionary!
I'm considering buying him a Wii, with which there appears to be a great version of Scrabble :)

I was just wondering somebody had already done this before me,, surely they would share their work.
Thanks anyways, ich liebe deutschland!

Scotty Offline

Administrator

19.05.2012 19:10
#4 RE: Smaller english.dic ? Zitat · Antworten

I wish you the best with the Wii. Tell us your experiences on what aspects it beats Scrabble3D.
Besten Dank, I love... ja, was eigentlich :-)

Download: Sourceforge.net | Help:Scrabble3D Wiki | Discussion: Forum | News: Twitter | Fanship: Facebook

Licence »»
 Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor.de
Einfach ein Forum erstellen
Datenschutz